Re: cron 2.9.2

Hi Jens,

the error message, you got, is the hint, you haven't configured
the /etc/passwd file. It's strictly needed for getting user login
information. crontab reads /etc/passwd first, then checks the
password, which is two-way encrypted in /var/cron/pwf and if
this password isn't the NT password of the current user, it
asks for the password. Any action, taken by crontab, is only
done with a correct password!

BTW: It's not the correct way, to edit the crontab files manually
without usage of crontab(1). If you want to edit it in an editor,
you should set the environment variable VISUAL or EDITOR to your
favorite editor and use `crontab -e' to edit your crontab file.

I didn't get a chance, to test it with domain accounts and
would appreciate, if somebody (you?) would test it.
Patches are welcome.

Hope this helps,
Corinna