RE: bash and 8-bit characters

Hi Sergey,

I created the ~/.inputrc as you recommended and the umlauts are displayed
properly afterwards. Strangely I noticed that the 'a' and the 'k' key (only
lower case) did not work anymore.

Besides the question of the umlauts I have another keyboard problem. I am
using Cygwin 20.1 with Windows95B and German keyboard layout and simply cannot
create the "^" and "`" character. Any ideas?

Thanx in advance,
Sven