RE: b20.1: build question

When building (by typing make in the obj directory) in
obj/i586-pc-cygwin32/newlib
using the steps above, the configure script in this directory complains that
it
can't 'find install-sh or install.sh in .. or ./..'  There were various
other
configure mishaps -- config.guess and config.status were not found.  I
copied them
from the src directory to the obj/i586-pc-cygwin32 directory.

> And yes, you should be able to just take the newly rebuilt
> new-cygwin1.dll and install it in the old install location as
> cygwin1.dll and make things work (I'm assuming your tools are of B20
> or 20.1 vintage).
>
> > Also, I was unable to do a 'make install' which failed during gcc
> > installation.
>
> Run make with -k?  It should be a clean install except for makeinfo
> failing perhaps.

I was not installing over my current, B20.1 tools like the other message
implied.
The error was gcc.info not found.

I will try again with /src and /obj as my directories since maybe there is
something path dependent.

Kevin
-