make binutils fails under B20

I have looked through the faqs and the archives, but have not
come across this one yet:

I'm trying to build binutils (2.9.1) for the H8 micro. gcc to
follow if I ever get past this step...

Configure seems to work fine.
The makefile executes with an error that says:

BASH.EXE-2.02$ make
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `all'.  Stop.
make: *** [all-libiberty] Error 2

I have sh.exe up in /usr/bin but the rest of the Cygnus
tree is where the installer left it. I have MKS toolkit
also running, but have confirmed that it is not being
referenced....

Any clues or pointers would be helpful ;-)

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

The train stops at the train station,
The bus stops at the bus station,