Re: b20: problems in tempnam

Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org> writes:

> I found a somewhat recent reference to same/similar problem in tempnam:
>
> 	http://www.eGroups.com/list/gnu-win32/8225.html
>
> but that was for b19 - I have certain problems in b20 as well - tempnam
> bails out with an argument like this for example:
>
> 	const char * dir = "E:\\TEMP/w3c-cache/270";
> 	tempnam(dir, NULL);
>
> results in
>
> 	Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
> 	0x61051acc in _size_of_stack_reserve__ ()

It's a bug in newlib's tempnam_r implementations (called by tempnam),
where a NULL second arg causes a segmentation violation. I'll send
a fix to cygwin folks. Newlib has quite a few of these bugs, so please
keep on sending in the bug reports (preferably with test cases as this
so we can fix these).

Regards,
Mumit

-