B20: Changes in #! execution

I've noticed two changes in how scripts starting with "#!" are
handled in B20:

    1. This no longer works:

           #! /bin/sh

       ... if "/bin/sh.exe" is a symbolic link.  I found
       it convenient to make "/bin/sh.exe" a symbolic link
       to the real location of sh.exe (a much longer path).
       Now bash will just hang when trying to run a script
       that starts with "#!/bin/sh".  To make such scripts
       work, I now have to copy sh.exe to /bin.

    2. Something like this no longer works:

           #! perl

       The interpreter (e.g. "perl") must now be specified
       with a full path:  Cygwin will no longer use $PATH
       to find perl (or whatever).

Both (1) and (2) worked with B19.1.  Change #1 looks like a bug.
Does anyone know if change #2 was deliberate?

--
Warren Jones
Fluke Corporation