Bochs Win32 native port for Mingw32

1.Background
    Bochs is a portable x86 PC emulation software package that emulates
enough of the x86 CPU, related AT hardware, and BIOS to run DOS, Windows
'95,     Minix 2.0, and other OS's, all on your workstation.
Current version is bochs-980707a.

2.Availability
    http://world.std.com/~bochs/

3.Porting to Win32
    Bochs includes support for Win32 graphics system and compiles under
Mingw32 practicaly out-of-the-box (currently it doesn't work under
Cygwin32 because of lack of the working threading there). Althouth it
compiles under Mingw32 with only several modifications in config.h, but
lack of alarm() function in Mingw32 lead to impossibility to use some
benchmarking and time-adjusting features.

4.Patch
   In this patch native Win32 emulation of alarm() added. Also added
additional support for Cyrillic (CP866) font and font itself.

5.Compiling
    a) Get bochs-980707a.tar.gz at location above
    b) Unpack it
    c) Configure with sample commands below
        % cd bochs-980707
        % ./configure --with-win32
            note - you should have a working make (I'm using make from
Cygwin32)
        % cd ..
        % patch -p0 < bochs-980707a-mingw32.diff
    d) Tweak config.h if you like to enable benchmarking and Cyrillic
fonts
    e) make

6.Play with it at your own

At my K6-2--266 it capable to perform ~1,100,000 instructions per
second.

Sincerely,

Maxim

bochs-980707a-mingw32.diff.gz