RE: tar, zip, gzip troubles

>>Seems to be the "non binary mounts problem".
Do you have binary mounts ?<<

Please excuse my ignorance. If binary mounts are not there by default, I
don't use them. I've seen in the FAQ that it is necessary to explicitely
mount directories if they are not on drive C: . However, I assume this
means if the dir is not on the drive where the Cygnus tools are
installed, in my case it's D:, and I've put the zip/unzip binaries in
the Cygnus/B19/i-386.../bin dir anyway.
BTW tar/gzip now works on this setup if I use it properly, as someone
else instructed me...However I'd like to have the choice between tar.gz
and zip.
Markus
Dr. Markus Hoenicka
DLR Inst. Aerospace Medicine