Re: [krishm@taec.toshiba.com: remote gdb for a MIPS processor]

Howdy,

I spoke to this guy and he is not interested in any type of Cygnus contract
but is would like input on his below inquiry if anyone at gnu-win32 has
it...  He is trying to get some of his source code to work with cygwin32.
I told him he may not hear back from anyone since this is a free,
unsupported product.

KP

>> >Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 17:09:09 -0700
>> >From: Geoffrey Noer <noer@cygnus.com>
>> >To: info@cygnus.com
>> >Cc: Geoffrey Noer <noer@cygnus.com>
>> >Subject: [krishm@taec.toshiba.com: remote gdb for a MIPS processor]
>> >
>> >Hi sales folks,
>> >
>> >The following was sent to gnu-win32@cygnus.com.  Could someone follow
>> >up?
>> >
>> >I'm not quite sure what this guy is after but it's embedded and
>> >MIPS-related.  Maybe they want a custom cygwin32 x MIPS gdb that can
>> >communicate with this PCI target board?
>> >
>> >Looked like it might be a sales opportunity so I thought I would
>> >forward it to you all...
>> >
>> >Geoff
>> >
>> >-----Forwarded message from Madhu Krishnamurthy
>> <krishm@taec.toshiba.com>-----
>> >
>> >Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 12:39:59 -0700
>> >From: krishm@taec.toshiba.com (Madhu Krishnamurthy)
>> >To: gnu-win32@cygnus.com
>> >Subject: remote gdb for a MIPS processor
>> >
>> >Hello,
>> >
>> >My question is about implementing a remote GDB on a PC. The target will
>> >be a MIPS processor. Please allow me to give some details before comming
>> >to the actual question. My apologies for the long message.
>> >

>> >Our group has the task of verifying a MIPS processor. We only have an
>> >emulated model and not the silicon. So far we have designed a board
>> >on which sits the MIPS [emulated model]. This board itself sits
>> >on the PCI bus slot in a Win95 PC. This board has 128 MB memory and
>> >provides Interrupt controller and Memory management to the MIPS
>> >processor.
>> >
>> >I have implemented a VXD and a VC++ front end for this board. I can
>> >read/write to any memory location on this board. Also my software provides
>> >the PC's I/O namely the disks,Console and Keyboard to the MIPS processor.
>> >So if we have some software running around the MIPS processor it can use
>> >the PC's I/O using my software.
>> >

>> >Now my task is to implement a stub for the MIPS processor to run
>> >on the board I mentioned before. The host machine will be the Win95 PC.
>> >I have downloaded the Cygwin32 layer and the gdb. [with source].
>> >
>> >I understand that I will need to provide an interface between my software
>> >and the Cygwin32 layer.
>> >
>> >Can someone please tell which sections of the Cygwin32 layer or the GDB
>> >software, I will have to look at. [and modify].
>> >
>> >I would also highly appreciate if any of you can share your experiences in
>> >this regard.
>> >
>> >thanks
>> >
>> >madhu krishnamurthy
>> >Software Engineer, Toshiba