Re: gcc produces foo.exe, not foo

Now that we have established that we need some (in my opinion) dirty
$(EXEEXT)-stuff, what is the consensus on how to use it with regards to
makefile targets and -o switches to compilers? Should a makefile look
like this:

  EXEEXT = @EXEEXT@

  goal$(EXEEXT): goal.c
                 $(CC) -o goal$(EXEEXT) goal.c
                 cp goal$(EXEEXT) anothergoal$(EXEEXT)
                 mv goal$(EXEEXT) yet.another.goal

or should it look like this:

  EXEEXT = @EXEEXT@

  goal:          goal.c
                 $(CC) -o goal goal.c
                 cp goal$(EXEEXT) anothergoal$(EXEEXT)
                 mv goal$(EXEEXT) yet.another.goal

-- Arne
Arne John Glenstrup        | Windows 95: n.  32 bit extensions and a
panic@diku.dk              |  graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8
http://www.diku.dk/~panic/ |  bit operating system originally coded for a 4
                              bit microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company
                              that can't stand 1 bit of competition.

-