Re: Installshield

Hello Hugh, you wrote:
>2. If you put it in the default place, run the .reg file that describes the
>setup of HKCU\Software\Cygnus solutions\Cygwin.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\...,
>and same for HKLM. To run it, just double click it. If we installed
>elsewhere in step 1, need to edit this file first. The README tells us how
>to do it.
AFAIK you wouldn't even need to edit the reg file because
cygwinb19.dll creates the neccessary parts every time it starts up. A
simple script for cmd.exe could do the mounting of / to the current
directory or so.

>3. If you installed somewhere else, also modify the cygnus.bat file
>accordingly. Again the README can describe the changes in a sentence.
If the above script succeded, awk and sed are ready to use and so
cygnus.bat could be changes automatically.

>4. Make an explorer shortcut to cygnus.bat.
AFAIK there's some support for that in perl. But I don't know for
sure...
--
bye, Michael
-