Re: mv deletes file

TYann@vet.com.au
> writes:
>
> > 	try to move file src to dest
> >  	if failed because dest already exists
> >  		delete dest
> >  		try to move file src to dest
> >
> Well, in my example, I tried to install make-3.77 by typing "make
install".
> Of course, it got as far as deleting the make.exe which was running,
and no
> further.  I have no trouble with ./make install, however.

This has nothing to do with the other.  Your problem is that when you
did `make install' you tried to overwrite the make.exe you were
executing and Win32 won't allow an open file to be deleted.  When you
did `./make install' you were then executing the make.exe you were
installing and then you had no problems because you weren't trying to
delete the opened executable.

==
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
--earnie_boyd@yahoo.com--