Unsolicited mail - help?

Hello folks and folkesses,

Sorry to sound like a stuck record, but - is there anything anyone can do to
stop these direct marketing
vermin from grabbing the membership list and then using it for their own
nefarious purposes?

Follow up question, if there is something that someone can do, could they
PLEASE do it?!

At present I get at least one unsolicted mail message, (like the one reproduced
below), with the gnu-win32
mailing list footer on it per day. I would presume that I'm not the only list
member targeted by these 'persons'
trying to sell their junk. If other people have been sent this particular
message, and find it annoying, would they
support me, and get this individual removed from the list?

>From grossi@iname.com:
#Holidays Time? Would you like to book your holidays on line ?
#Please visit:
#http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/Paradise/6519/
#Tempo di vacanze? Vuoi prenotare on line la tua vacanza?
#Visita:
#http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/Paradise/6519/