Need gcc ..

If the list is small (< 30 people) I would be glad to maintain a list for such
a discussion. The reason it can only be a small list is that I don't run list
servers and I would have to maintain the list by hand. (I basically run raw
procmail.)

I suggest that anyone interested in this general topic of starting a
newsgroup, and is willing and interested in participating in initial
discussions send me mail at sjm@judgement.com. If more than two people respond
I'll start the list.

The purpose of the list would be initial discussions about appropriate
strategy, mostly to educate each outher on how it is done. If we move forward
it would also be a place to coordinate efforts and make sure the T's get
crossed and I's dotted. Actual debate about the name and necessity of such a
group would happen in the appropriate public forums designated for that
purpose. Voting would also happen in the standard public way with
announcements going to this and other interested groups.

On the other hand it would be really nice if cygnus could do this (create a
list) with a real server.

FYI: Technically newsgroup creation is a public processed not owned by the
interested parties. I.e a group could be created against the wishes of this
group and Cygnus. They get the same number of votes that anyone else does.
>From a practical point of view most mof us would would vote with the leaders
on this list since such a newsgroup would be useless without them.

-