Re: long long vs long

Hi Harry,

You wrote:

>[SNIP]
>> Unfortunately not. I didn't know that this matters so much.
>>
>> BTW: Do you love splitting hairs? ;)
>
>     No - but I *do* dislike wrong information!  <grin> And for
>portable programming (which I have to do a lot of) you have to
>be *very* clear on the rules.
Okay, got me. As I've never seen a system that uses longs with more or
less than 32 bits I simply thought that it's pretty useless to argue
about whether the standard says this or that when nearly all code
relys on that fact. But after reading this thread on the list it seems
to me that there are even a lot systems with incredibly long longs and
so I now think you're right. ;)

Yours

Micha
-