RE: ./configure

> I'm trying to build xemacs b50 (on the advice of
> jeff.paulsen@poorman-douglas.com, thanks!).
> ./configure gets so far and then hangs (at different points).

I had a similar problem. I made sure that /bin/sh is NOT a copy of
bash.exe (it should be a copy of the stock sh.exe), and this problem
went away. I don't know why.

Also, APPLY THE USB PATCH, as this fixed a Cygwin hanging problem for me
as well.

Dr. Piper's /usr/local/ is great, but his libXpm.a requires X11, so if
you prefer an XEmacs w/o X but with Xpm, you will need to build your
own; ask if you want more details (it won't work out of the box).

--
Jeff Paulsen
jeff.paulsen@poorman-douglas.com