egcs1.0.2 in-class function screws switch table

While debugging some code I discovered that my egcs1.0.2 mingw32 compiler
is generating an invalid jump-address table for a switch construct if the
function in question is defined in-class.  Ie, this works:
	class Child2: public Parent {
		int textstuff (int w) ;
	};
	int Child2::textstuff(int w){
		switch(w){
		case 0: doSomething(1); break;
		case 1: doSomething(2); break;
		}
		return(1);
	}

but this doesn't:
	class Child2: public Parent {
		int textstuff (int w) {
			switch(w){
			case 0: doSomething(1); break;
			case 1: doSomething(2); break;
			}
			return(1);
		};
	};

After much gdb'ing I determined the problem was the compiler-generated
jump table for the switch statement.  It's garbage for the case that
doesn't work.

Has anyone seen this before?

-