USB update causes other problems

Hi,

I just downloaded and installed B19.1 on a Toshiba laptop running
Win95 OSR2.  According to the readme.txt:

> Windows 95 freezing up
> the USB patch is available from
> `http://www.compuclinic.com/osr2faq/index.html'.

So I downloaded and applied the USB Supplement (uspsupp.exe version
4.03.1214).  But now the internal modem doesn't work!  Uninstalling
the USB Supplement restores the modem to working order.

Ben Jos Walbeehm's "Windows 95 System Updates" page describes other
problems with the USB Supplement at
<http://www.walbeehm.com/win95upd.html#note031>.

Is the USB Supplement still the only way to avoid Win95 kernel lockups
in bash b19.1?  Has anyone gotten their toshiba internal modem working
even after installing the USP supplement?

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,
David

  David Starks-Browning                  | starksb@ebi.ac.uk
  European Bioinformatics Institute      |
  Wellcome Trust Genome Campus           | tel: +44 (1223) 494 616
  Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SD, UK        | fax: +44 (1223) 494 468