Re: RPM for Cygwin32 B19

Marcus Brown <Brown@sw.mke.etn.com> writes:

> Also, when executing rpm, I recieve the error even when running the
> program with no arguments.  It does the same when executing it with "-v
> -v -v" or any arbitrary argument.  Does rpm usually say "Re-execing
> rpm"?
>

> Marcus
>
> Note:  The line that rpm referred to (rpmrc:36) is as follows:
>
> arch_canon:	i986:	i986	1
>
> I opened this file once before in NT's brain dead edit.exe, which does
> not preserve tabs, could this have something to do with it?

You might see this error if you edited your rpmrc and saved it in
so-called ``ASCII mode'', with a control-M before every control-J.
This is the norm in the MS-DOS world.  Thanks to anonymous for
pointing out this possibility.
--
David Fox	   http://www.cat.nyu.edu/fox		xoF divaD
NYU Media Research Lab   fox@cat.nyu.edu   baL hcraeseR aideM UYN