checkout packages

I'd like to check out some of the packages listed in the latest package
report.  Particularly the 'less' package but have been unable to connect
to anything on ftp.franken.de.   Is it my location (southern California
USA) or are others having trouble connecting too?

--

Harry Putnam  reader@newsguy.com

-