Re: Is there anywhere to upload ported software?

Hi David,

>Is there a central repository for cygwin32 ports?  I don't see
>one on ftp.cygnus.com?

If you'd like to, you can upload your ports to our German GNUWIN32 site:

------------------------< snip snip snip >-----------------------------

   - how to upload to our German GNUWIN32 site:

         site: ftp.franken.de
         user: ftp/anonymous
     password: <email address>

     To get directly to the GNUWIN32 upload/incoming directory type
     "cd gnuwin32:" - note the trailing colon.

     Please always add a short readme on what you've uploaded.
     I'd like best, if the description would follow this format:

     ----------------------< snip snip snip >-------------------------
     *package name*
     --------------

     - what is it?
       - <short package description>

     - system
       - <system type, i.e. Windows NT4, Windows 95, ...>

     - preliminaries
       - <which arrangements to make>

     - configure
       - <which changes and parameters are necessary for configure>

     - make
       - <which changes and parameters are necessary for make>

     - make install
       - <which changes and parameters are necessary for make install>

     - notes
       - <what else might be interesting to know>

     - package availability
       - on <site name>
       - in <path>
       - as <package name>

     - contributed by
       - <email address (<your name>)
     ----------------------< snip snip snip >-------------------------

     There is no need to tell me, that you have uploaded something,
     because I'll get informed automatically.

     Please note:
     *I will delete anything, which does not look like a useful*
     *GNUWIN32 package !*
     *So please don't upload any warez, spam or similar garbage !*

>--
>David Fox	   http://www.cat.nyu.edu/fox		xoF divaD

Bye.
Michael.
--
Michael Hirmke           | Telefon +49 (911) 557999
Georg-Strobel-Strasse 81 | FAX     +49 (911) 557664
-