RE: To use or _NOT_ to use InstallShield?

---- USER TYPE A ----

"I know what tar and gzip does."
"I don't know what this cdk.exe thing is doing."

---------------------

---- USER TYPE B ----

"I know how to run cdk.exe."
"I don't know how to install just with tar and gzip."  (i.e. registry
settings, env. vars, etc.)

Most users will be a bit of both types.  IMHO the way to keep both sides
happy is to document exactly what InstallShield is doing.  If you can
get it to produce a detailed log of it's activities, that should
suffice.

--
Ed Avis <http://members.tripod.com/~mave>
-