Re: man-1.4j MANPATH semi-functional [UPD: GNUWin32 package report]

Hi Björn,

The way you have your mounted directories structured can sometimes
confuse cygwin.  To workaround this problem I suggest:

umount /usr/share   (The one you have on E:\)
cd /usr
ln -s //e share

This may or may not work for you, but it's at least worth a try.

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
--earnie_boyd@yahoo.com--
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

---Björn Kulms <Bjoern.Kulms@rz.tu-ilmenau.de> wrote:

> Michael Hirmke wrote:
>
> > GNUWin32 package report
> >        - man-1.4j
>
> This man-1.4j is not fully functional.
>
> Set in man.config
> MANPATH .
> MANPATH //E/man
> MANPATH //C/local/man
> MANPATH /usr/share/man
> MANPATH /usr/local/man
>
> Man Pages in //E/man are found
> only when you are physically on
> drive E: (or in /usr/share)
> C:\ is mounted to /usr
> E:\ is mounted to /usr/share
> Man pages in /usr/local (i.e. on //C)
> are found even if you are physically
> on E:)
>
> Workaround: cd to the drive first
> where you know the man page physically to reside
> then call man.
> A mechanism like that could be included into the man
> code, even if this seems to be a more general problem,
> as `find' does not work, too.
>
> --
> BGKS Bjoern Kulms            Tel. +49(3677)670014     Tel.
> +49(5363)71468
> TU Ilmenau                   Max-Planck-Ring 8c/L62   Kronekenberg 1
> Elektronische Medientechnik  D 98693 Ilmenau          D 38446
Wolfsburg