Re: Patching under cygwin32 and W95

Hi David,

Are you positive that you are using the patch binary from the CDK?
While in bash if you do "type patch" what is the result?

I have been built the patch binary with mingw32.  I saw this error as
a direct result of link/unlink of temporary to existing files.  I
modified the code so that it uses Win32 calls to take care of the
rename/copy.

If you wish to try my version of patch I can strip and gzip the
executable and attach it to an email.  I have been successful in using
it; at least with context diffs.

---David Bush <david.bush@adn.alcatel.com> wrote:

> I apologize if this question has come up before.  The gnuwin32 mail
archives
> are not much use on this one because a search for "patch" returns
most of
> the archive.
>
> I'm trying to apply a large patch for Xemacs to the source tree.
The patch
> application fails on the first file in the patch with a message like:
> cannot rename /tmp/ps001020 to CHANGES-beta: File exists.
>
> Is this a know problem and is there a workaround?
>
> TIA,
> david
> -
> For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a
message to

==
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
--earnie_boyd@yahoo.com--