bash and read function

Hi,

I've installed Cygnus WIN32 B19 package on NT 4.0 SP3 machine.
Running the bash on NT window give me some trouble with the
read builtin function.
If I do two read consecutively the first one is completed OK while the
second one return immediately
setting to nothing the variable.

> Cygnus Cygwin32 B19
> Read .bashrc
> bash-2.01$ read xx
> Hello
> bash-2.01$ echo $xx
> Hello
> bash-2.01$ read xx
> bash-2.01$ echo $xx
>
> bash-2.01$

Doing the same experiment on an rxvt window under an Xserver will work
OK.

Does someone know what is wrong?

--
Michele Sardo