RE: "cl" wrapper for gcc

>>Has anyone made a wrapper the other way, that is called "cl" and
>>accepting
>>the same switches as Microsoft's cl.exe, but really invoking gcc?  I
>>imagine this would be very useful to migrate from VC++ to Ming.
>
>I've not heard of anyone doing this yet.  Sounds like a worthy item.
>Are you willing to give it a try?

'Fraid not - I haven't much experience with gcc, and less with VC++.  I
have a tendency to think up ideas but not implement them, and this is seems
to be one of those.  (I don't have a PC except at work...).

Here's another idea that I thought up, probably won't be implemented, but
people might find interesting anyway:

-	Port Willows and / or Winelib to Cygwin32.
-	Modify Mingw32 to link with libwine.dll (or whatever) instead of with the
Windows libraries.
-	Also, make it easy to cross-compile things for Unix, linking with Willows
or Winelib.

When Willows and Wine are finished (and they are both very impessive, even
at the moment), it will be possible to compile Unix ports of Windows
applications "out of the box" on Win32.

--
Ed Avis
epa@datcon.co.uk