Subject: RCS + CVS
Author:  newsham@lava.net at hubsmtp
Date:    2/19/98 7:57 AM

Hi,

   I remember hearing that some people were using CVS under cygwin
with success.  I grabbed the sources and started to build but
ran into trouble.  This is pretty low priority for me at the
moment so I didn't try to wade through all the problems.  Does
anyone have a list of things that need to be done to get this
stuff built?

I started building on a binary mount (I imagine the program works
properly when the CVS repository (and checked out files?) are
in binary mounts).  I worked past a bug that made configure think
there was no diff3 binary (cmp -s was returning the wrong error
code).  Then configure generated the RCS makefiles, and I started
a make.  make.sh, which ran automatically, bombed out while trying
to check for file mapping capabilities.

                                      Tim N.

-
-