Problems with linked .EXE

Hi all,

I started with B18 of gnu-win32 and added in the patched ld that was
mentioned in the mailing list archives so I could link with both MS .LIBs
and Unix style .a libraries.

I am building an example program from a 3D library which gives me MSVC
style headers, .LIBs, and dlls.  With the new ld, I was able to build
everything and link the two .LIBs along with some functions from libgdi32
and libuser32 into my executable.  There are no errors generating the
executable, but when I run it, I get a message box titled "Error Starting
Program" and the contents state "Unable to run C:\SOURCE\HTRIC1.EXE" (my
program name).

This doesn't seem like a problem with the example program itself since it
should give an application error message (it has some error handlers in
it) if something were wrong.  It appears that this is a system error with
the executable format or something.  Is this a known symptom/problem?

Thanks,

Matt Porter KB8UVI                Email with "Subject: sendkey" for PGP key
Chandler, AZ                      porter@neta.com

-