__stdcall functions in relocatable DLLs

[I know this has been discussed before, but after 3 days of reading
everything I could find about it on the archives and not being able to
solve my problem I'm resorting to the mailing-list]

I'm running b18 on Win95 with Sergey's Coolview.
I'm trying to build a relocatable DLL containing some functions that use
the __stdcall calling convention.
To build the DLL I use the following commands on my Makefile:

LIBCYGWINPATH = /gnuwin32/b18/H-i386-cygwin32/i386-cygwin32/lib
CYGNUSLIBS =  -lc -lcygwin -lkernel32 -lc
$(EXECUTABLE).dll: dll_init.o dll_fixup.o $(OBJS)
	ld --base-file $(EXECUTABLE).base                   \
         --dll                                            \
         -o $(EXECUTABLE).dll                             \
         $(OBJS) dll_init.o dll_fixup.o \
         -L$(LIBCYGWINPATH)                               \
         $(CYGNUSLIBS)                                    \
         -e _dll_entry@12
	dlltool -k --dllname $(EXECUTABLE).dll \
              --def $(EXECUTABLE).def        \
              --base-file $(EXECUTABLE).base \
              --output-exp $(EXECUTABLE).exp
	ld --base-file $(EXECUTABLE).base                   \
         $(EXECUTABLE).exp                                \
         --dll                                            \
         -o $(EXECUTABLE).dll                             \
         $(OBJS) dll_init.o dll_fixup.o \
         -L$(LIBCYGWINPATH)                               \
         $(CYGNUSLIBS)                                    \
         -e _dll_entry@12
	dlltool -k --dllname $(EXECUTABLE).dll \
              --def $(EXECUTABLE).def        \
              --base-file $(EXECUTABLE).base \
              --output-exp $(EXECUTABLE).exp
	ld $(EXECUTABLE).exp                                \
         --dll                                            \
         -o $(EXECUTABLE).dll                             \
         $(OBJS) dll_init.o dll_fixup.o \
         -L$(LIBCYGWINPATH)                               \
         $(CYGNUSLIBS)                                    \
         -e _dll_entry@12
	dlltool -k --dllname $(EXECUTABLE).dll \
              --def $(EXECUTABLE).def        \
              --output-lib $(EXECUTABLE).a
	dllfix $(EXECUTABLE).dll

My dll.def file contains only the following:
EXPORTS
exported_func@16

Where @16 indicates the size of the parammeters on the stack for this
function.
When building a small test program for this DLL, everything compiles ok;
but on execution a dialog-box pops-up complainting that "The TESTDLL.EXE
file is linked to missing export X.DLL:exported_func."
Inspecting the resulting DLL with QuickView, the Export Table section does
show my "exported_func@16", with the @16 mangling but *without* a leading
underscore. Could this be the problem?

I tried adding a second line to my def file with the following:
exported_func=exported_func@16
With this alias (I think it is an alias...) the test program run but
crashes with a message of a possible corrupted stack. Which leads me to
suspect that the function is being called with the incorrect convention.

Any help on getting this to work would be greatly appreciated,

--
JPSousa

-