Re: port postgresql to win

Last I heard there was a problem with make that didn't handle the
postgresql package very well. Haven't heard anything in a while!
How about an update from the guys working on this?
S.Q.Yang wrote:

> Mr. Jordan Henderson:
> I want to port postgresql to win. But the developer of postgresql told me
> that postgresql can not be ported to win95.Do you think so? If you have
> made some progress,please tell me.I try to port postgresql-v6.1 to win95.
> But when I run configure(postgresql),it reports the following errors:

> checking host system type... i386-pc-cygwin32

> configure does not currently recognize your operating system,
> therefore you must do a manual configuration of:
> cygwin32
> Please contact scrappy@hub.org to see about rectifying this,
> including the above 'checking host system type...' line
>
> Then I change the configure file by adding line "cygwin32*)
> PORTNAME='cygwin32';;" and re-run configure with default argument. It then
> reports:
> -ASSERT CHECKING disabled
> checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
> checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... no
> configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
> create executables.
>
> I have checked gnuwin32 and found gcc. I don't know why it report this
> error.May you help me?
> Thanks!
>
> -

Bartlee A. Anderson     System Test (Interfaces-Tools-Automation-ISDN)
Rockwell International                    Electronic Commerce Division
300 Bauman Ct.                                banders@ecd.rockwell.com
MS 933-605      Opinions my own, not Rockwell's   VOICE (630) 227-8975
Wood Dale, IL 60191                               FAX   (630) 227-9771
-