Has anyone created DLL file to link into Excel?

Has anyone successfully created a DLL file and linked it into an Excel
spreadsheet? I've installed the mingw32 package, and can get the
DLL test program to work, but can't get Excel to load my function
successfully.

If anyone has done this, and could share even a tiny example of how to
do it, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks a lot.

Richard Stanton

-