RE: fork() problem with sockets

Duran wrote:
> Problem: The fork child does not inherate the file descriptors when
working whith sockets.

> How to reproduce the problem: Just create a socket server, accept a
connection and fork, you will notice that the child will not be able to use
the sockets declared before the forking.

The problem is Win95 specific. Winsock's socket() call returns
non-inherittable socket handle on W95. Dowload patched cygwin.dll from my
web page.

--
Sergey Okhapkin, http://www.lexa.ru/sos
Moscow, Russia