Re: Tape & Floppy

I'll attempt to sort this out....
I may be wrong, but that has never stopped me before.

Chris, I think you are inferring that 1***
as indicated means "Never excuse the use of bad English"
Where I take it to mean "You don't need to appologize for what you
perceive as bad English"

I agree with Chris and don't wish to criticize _anyone_, simply
agree and enlighten.

my 2 drakmas ;)

If I misunderstand your understanding, please correct me. The only thing
I hate worse than not being right, is being left(behind). ;)

Chris Faylor wrote:

> In article <Pine.BSF.3.96.971123232527.13829J-100000@zippy.dyn.ml.org>,
> Alex  <garbanzo@hooked.net> wrote:

1***   > >> Never excuse for using bad English :)

> >Yeah, but the worst english is typed/spoken by those who speak it as a
> >native language. ;-)
>
> I am always awed and humbled by the number of people who communicate here
> for whom English is not their native language.  I speak exactly one language
> and that's nothing to be proud of.
>
> How could you possibly *not* excuse an honest attempt to communicate?
> --
> http://www.bbc.com/     cgf@bbc.com                     "Strange how unreal
> VMS=>UNIX Solutions     Boston Business Computing        the real can be."
> -

Bartlee A. Anderson     System Test (Interfaces-Tools-Automation-ISDN)
Rockwell International                    Electronic Commerce Division
300 Bauman Ct.                                banders@ecd.rockwell.com
MS 933-605      Opinions my own, not Rockwell's   VOICE (630) 227-8975
Wood Dale, IL 60191                               FAX   (630) 227-9771
-