More NT desktop customization questions

Can anybody recommend a good book/resource for answers to things like:
  1. Can I fix it so I can place iconified windows anywhere on the root
window.
  2. Can I fix it so I can get a menu of applications when I right click
     the mouse on the root window? The kind of behavior that X window
     managers proovide.

Does anybody know?

Looked at Windows NT Annoyances from O Reilly. But the kind of things
that
annoy the author seem to be different. Also tries MS web site and Web
searches
but no joy.

Thanks in advance.

Shankar