Starnet's X-win32 long start-up

> Well it works great indeed :->
>
> Are there any tips to get X-win32 starts faster as I have to wait
> 1 to 2 min until it open its display ?

Starnet's X-win32 does not work well if you have a dial-up network and you are
not connected through a phone line. Workaround: you need to disable DNS. Click
on [Start]/[Settings]/[Control Panel]/[Network], then choose the "TCP/IP"
network component, click on tyhe "DNS Configuration" tab, and finally check
"Disable DNS". Remember to to write down the IP numbers of your name servers
and enable DNS back when connecting to your ISP. It is sort of a drag.

When I contacted them they told me that not enough people are using X-win32
without a network to justify them fixing the bug.

--
Arlindo da Silva
dasilva@alum.mit.edu