Re: TkMan with Win32 TCL stuff

If you are porting UNIX packages the easyist is to set up just like
UNIX.  However, if the configure package is setup properly you can
specify with the --prefix=dir switch where to install the package.  For
the cygwin setup I have a directory called C:\root.  I have mounted
C:\root as /.

To do this do (assuming you are in bash):

umount /
mount -b C:\\root /

As far as setting the PATH; both unix and dos/win32 have always required
that the path point to the executables.  If you've installed any
comercial windows package you should have noticed that the dll's go into
the location of the executables, or in c:\windows or one of it's
subdirectories.  Usually they will automatically update the autoexec.bat
file to modify the PATH variable.

As for tkMan: I've looked at it.  It requires TCL/TK version 8 and also
requires some patch to be applied to TCL/TK.  I haven't taken the time
to install the patch so I don't have it up.  Instead I have chosen to
use rman, (aka: PolyglotMan and RosettaMan).  Rman is a man page
reformatter; therefore you can reformat to HTML and use the web browser.
I forget the URL path 8-{.

Good luck,

---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
-earnie_boyd@hotmail.com-
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

>Date: Sun, 2 Nov 1997 19:51:59 -0500 (EST)
>From: Chad Loder <cloder@ccs.neu.edu>
>To: gnu-win32@cygnus.com
>Subject: TkMan with Win32 TCL stuff
>
>Does anyone know if it's possible (without major headaches) to get
TkMan to