Re: RE: compiling winsock apps

Thank you, This did solve the problem.
Ben

Benjamin G. Miller
Consultant
Data Communications Consulting inc.
This message transmited on 100% recycled electrons.

Ben Miller[SMTP:bgmiller@dccinc.com] wrote:
>try renaming the file to winsock.cpp and then compiling it.  It will generate these errors.  Is there something I am missing in order to be able to compile in c++ mode rather that c mode?

The C++ parser has some problems with parting function prototypes with
__attributes__ separated from the function names. I think that you will
need to go through the entries in Sockets.h that cause the errors and
change them to put the PASCAL word at the end of the line (I think this
works). E.g.

char PASCAL *inet_ntoa (struct in_addr in);

becomes

char *inet_ntoa (struct in_addr in) PASCAL;

It doesn't look nice, but it seems to work (won't work with non GNU
compilers though, but neither will a lot of other stuff in those
headers).

Good luck,
Colin.

-- Colin Peters - Saga Univ. Dept. of Information Science
-- colin@bird.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp - finger for PGP public key
-- http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/index.html
-- http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Towers/6162/

-