gdb, gdbtk, embedded target

Dear List,

I am trying to install a GNU/Win32 development platform for Motorola
embedded targets.  It's an interesting task and I learn a lot (also
from quietly reading this list).  I would be glad to learn still a
little bit more:

* Is there anybody using gdbtk for cross-debugging (to embedded
  target)?  How is your experience?  The tcl interface seems to be a
  bit shaky yet, at least to me.

* Would debugging a Motorola CPU32 via BDM be supported, if I had the
  serial connector from Macraigor Systems?  The friendly person from
  Macraigor was not sure.  (How came this connector to be the
  standard?  Is its interface documented somewhere publicly?)

* Is there active development of the (GUI part of the) tool going on?
  Is it part of or co-evolving with the gdb mainstream?  How could I
  contribute to make gdbtk more stable and functional?  (Having quite
  some experience with GNU tools and programming in general, but
  little with Tcl/Tk and the internals of gdb, to be frank).

Thanks in advance --

	Tobias

			Tobias Rischer
        (_)		<ri@baasel.de>