Re: Thread-Handling with Cygwin32

In article <3438A7E8.921FB9BB@brokat.de>,
Bernd Schilpp  <Bernd.Schilpp@brokat.de> wrote:
>Has anyone experience of using threads with cygwin32 ?
>Or does anyone know, where to find threadsave libaries for that purpose
>?
>What is planned at cygwin ? - when will cygwin32 support threads and
>offer threadsave libaries ?
>Please answer me soon !

I can't comment on Cygnus' plans but I am fairly certain that the current
version of cygwin.dll is not thread safe.  Much of the cygwin code assumes
that it is being accessed serially.

If you avoid the use of cygwin.dll functions in simultaneously executing
threads, however, it should work fine.
--
http://www.bbc.com/	cgf@bbc.com			"Strange how unreal
VMS=>UNIX Solutions	Boston Business Computing	 the real can be."