Win98 + wait stuff = broken (was: Programs randomly crashing.)

Hi,
I have the exact same problem too...
This is what i know (or at least what i think i know) so far:
 - the wait code in wait.cc is busted under win98...
 - configure scripts, or the Makefile from ash, and a bunch of other
things generate the following error:
  (please confirm if this is the same error your getting)
wait_for_any: WaitForMultipleObjects failed, win32 error 6
wait_for_any: Trying again.
wait_for_any: That didn't help, win32 error 6
 - this error originates from wait.cc, i found this out by just looking
through the patches

I havent been able to try fixing this, as i dont have the entire source,
and i dont have another machine to compile on anyway. (i doubt it would
compile on this one, considering the bug)

-