Programs randomly crashing.

Yech.  After going back through some old posts I decided to try making
rpm wiht CYGWIN_SIGCHLD set to 0.  Well things didn't hang, but they
decided to gpf.  Next, I downloaded whatever the latest cygwin.dll was
from Sergey's page, installed that and libcygwin.a, similar result.  DB
2.x with its gnu autoconf and 1.86 compat stuff bombed out on the
configure script.  It seems to me that the original b18 stuff and b17.5
stuff never really did this.  Any ideas or fixes?

- alex

-