gdb & signals

Hi,

My program, which I think works OK with b17.1,
gets a seg fault or equivalent ("In cygwin_except_handler")
with b18.  On win95, it hangs the OS.  On NT it is not quite
so bad, I can kill the process.  But I'm having trouble debugging
it, because after the first SIGSEGV -- which is expected (my
program is trapping the signal) -- gdb refuses to continue,
complaining that it can't send the signal to the child process.
So I can't reproduce the problem inside gdb.
Also the gdb `attach' command doesn't seen to work either, so
I can't attach to the process after it has hung.

Any hints or suggestions for how to go about debugging this sort
of problem?

--
Fergus Henderson <fjh@cs.mu.oz.au>   |  "I have always known that the pursuit
PGP: finger fjh@128.250.37.3         |     -- the last words of T. S. Garp.