RE: using times()

On 22 Sep 97 at 14:15, Sergey Okhapkin wrote:

> Valery Fine wrote:
> > On 22 Sep 97 at 8:33, Sergey Okhapkin wrote:
> >

> > > times() call works on NT only. The underlying syscall
> > > GetProcessTimes() unimplemented on windows 95. The output of your
> > > examle looks the following on my box (NT4.0 SP3):
> >
> >   Probably like this would be better then just ZERO:
> >

> I'm not sure. Probably, it's better to return -1 and to set errno to
> ENOSYS, rather than return incorrect value.

  It would be as correct as the user's OS (namely Win95) provides
  Since calling that API user wants (I guess) to estimate the time
                                                 ========
  and this incorrect value may help him but  ENOSYS ?

  Anyway it can not be absolutely precise value for any system. There
is some error anyway. This error will be large for Win95. For this
case the

                "REAL exact value" <= "supplied"

 and it will be not far from the real one if the user's system is
 running a single process.

 Is it wrong ?
                   Valery
Dr. Valeri Faine (Valery Fine)