RE: ps, test, /dev/null questions

On Fri, 19 Sep 1997, Sergey Okhapkin wrote:

> Khosla, Deepak wrote:
> > Thanks for all the ideas. I tried a few:
> > -	ps -eAf or any other option does not work. I guess as someone
>
> ps command ignores any command line arguments and uses hard-coded output
> format.
>
> > explained, you can only see cygnus processes - not a good port IMHO.
> > Also pview is a grpahical utility AND you have to have the reosurce
> > kit! Anyway, if you have the resource kit, you can use the TLIST
> > command.
>
> NT's built-in task manager will show you all the running processes. Do you
> know a _documented_ way to enumerate running processes on Windows NT?-)

According to the "premium" content on Microsoft's web site
(http://premium.microsoft.com/msdn/library/techart/f365/f36c/f383/d398/sdb7c.htm)
the correct way to get a list of all the processes is to loop through all
the Window handles, and get parent processes too.  Seems kludgy to me.
Perhaps a little program is in order to monitor things and make a procfs
like system.  Or maybe have an internal method to keep track of programs
linked with cygwin.dll

- alex

-