Re: configuration scripts

if you haven't done this yet stop,
remount all filesystems -b
and then reinstall from cdk.exe
and user.exe
the shell scripts/headers/sources  would only have cr\lf
if you were mounted without -b to start with
or if you used winzip to install.

attached is a utility to convert all the files in a dir to \n from \r\n and vica/versa
after building put in path and do
ln -s dtou.exe utod

to convert \r\n to \n do
dtou * (under bash)
to convert \n to \r\n do
utod * (under bash)

no checking is done for utod so if you use it on the same file
multiple times you will get \r\r\r\r\r\n.

to recursively fix all files in a tree use dtoutree
WARNING
no check for binary files, this is meant for source trees
and include trees only

On Tue, 9 Sep 1997 12:21:47 -0400, you wrote:

>To all,
>
>Thank you for the responses.
>
>I have resigned myself to the long and arduous task of using Borland's
>FCONVERT.EXE to convert all of my configuration scripts from ANSI to OEM
>format (strip out <CR>).  For the number of files I have, this appears
>to be a long task.
>
>This closes out one problem, but makes me wonder, why do the GNU scripts
>from the .tar.gz files at the main ftp site have <CR><LF> in them
>instead of just <LF>.  They are identified as UNIX scripts, but appear
>to have a PC flavor to them.  Since I haven't edited them ("cat
>{filename} | more" instead) I can't figure out where the <CR> came from
>unless it is there to start.
>
>Eric M. Smith
>telephone               : (423) 229-2254
>profs/officevision     : XGIB003
>internet -- business : erics@eastman.com
>internet -- personal  : burnsun@tricon.net
>
>Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are quick to anger.
>Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste
>good with ketchup.
>
>-

(jeffdbREMOVETHIS@netzone.com)
delete REMOVETHIS from the above to reply
         Mikey

dtou.c

dtoutree