Re: Anyone ever ever built Gnu32 GCC as cross compiler?

Cameron S. Thomas wrote:

> Not sure if it's even possible, but anyone ever tried or done it? If so, so
> what other platforms?

Thanks to all who have responded to this query. A bit more info on my part
would be useful. What I am looking into doing is a port of a product *from NT*
to several unix hosts. The initial cut at the program will be an NT service,
with as much as the core code made as portable as possible. An idea introduced
to me was to use one of the client's many NT boxes to do all the devel, and
doing QA on the target platforms (as opposed to setting up a devlopment
environ for each machine). The idea was to use a set of tools (gnu, of course)
which could be configured to generate the proper target binaries, based on
make cl-switches. So Cygwin looks good. Ironically, the Cygnus Pro tools
aren't set up to do this - unless of course I took that source base and built
the cross compilers.

So if folks build the Win32 binaries on Linux, I outta be able to build
Solaris/Linux, et. al. binaries from Win32, correct? Using the b18 source
tree, I have managed to get gas and ld to compile for Solaris target, but
haver yet to get gcc to build cleanly.

--
Cameron S. Thomas
csthomas@egsoftware.com