RE: Security hole in gnu-win32-gcc

Daniel,

Before this causes all sorts of excitement to the list (again).
You can't avoid it without much ado.  Even a reboot on some
PCs won't clear  all memory, so the OS must supply the implementation.

This is not a ( new ) security hole.  This will always happen on Win95.

NT is another story.

This security costs CPU cycles.  At times it costs alot.
Memory allocation (GlobalAlloc) is much
slower, especially  following a swap (I don't know the
exact reason why .... yet).  Also program loading is slower.

-chuck

-