Re: Is it possible to use cygwin32.dll using VC++

In article <199709041702.NAA17467@tweedledumb.cygnus.com>,
 <ian@cygnus.com> wrote:
>>I have tried to port some small UNIX utilities to Win NT.. and it will
>>be tedious if rewrite them in WIN32 API.. but my boss insisted that I
>>cannot use 'free' compiler like g++.. :(
>
>If your boss won't let you use a free compiler like g++, but will let
>you use a free library like cygwin32, then your boss is seriously
>confused.
>
>>So is it possible to use cygwin32.dll with VC++?
>
>In principle, sure: a DLL is a DLL.  In practice, try it and see what
>happens.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that this is not possible without some work.
There are some GNU Cisms in the library that will need to be coded around.
--
http://www.bbc.com/	cgf@bbc.com			"Strange how unreal
VMS=>UNIX Solutions	Boston Business Computing	 the real can be."