Question: concurrent users using gnu-win32 tools/shared_init?

We are currently using the gnu-win32 tools, (b17.1), to perform builds
on a multi-processor NT server. When multiple users are logged into
the machine via telnetd, (from Ataman TCP), and attempt to use most any
of the cygwin tools simultaneously, they crash with the following message
to the telnet session:

(unknown) shared_init:CreateFileMappingA
cygwin:terminating

and with a generic "cannot read from address" terminal dialog.

Looking at the source, we believe that these messages originate from
winsup/shared.cc. It apparently tries to allocate shared memory with
a security descriptor that allows 'all' access. Somehow this is failing
when concurrent users perform this function?

Is there some setup that we have blown or is this a known limitation?

Thanks,

Randy Watler
-