GNUwin32 IPC mechanisms

Dear CYGNUS Team

Currently I'm porting software (including IPC mechanisms like semaphores
and shared memory) from UNIX to WindowsNT.

The compiler I use is the CYGNUS GNU WIN32 C++-Compiler (version b18).

- Does the CYGNUS GNU WIN32 C++-Compiler support POSIX (or any other
  UNIX, e.g. System V) semaphores (or other synchronizing mechanism)
  and shared memory?
  (Currently I use the mehanisms of WindowsNT.)

- I ported a program which uses sigsuspend() to wake up a process when
  a signal arrives.
  The sigsuspend() call is part of loop. The first few times
sigsuspend() wakes up the process, but then sigsuspend() doesnt
  awake the process. Is this a bug of sigsuspend()?

- Are there any code samples ilustrating the use of IPC mechanisms?

Thank you!

Regards

Andreas Speck

email: speck@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de
http:  http://www-sr.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de/~speck

University of Tuebingen
Wilhelm-Schickard-Department for Computer Science
Research Group Symbolic Computation
Sand 13
D-72076 Tuebingen
Phone: +49(7071) 29-78961